Indicative standards by criteria
Criterion 3 | Assessment and giving feedback to students on their learning
To demonstrate this criterion you should provide evidence of good practice in the design and execution of assessment tasks, alignment of assessment with the desired learning outcomes and provide appropriate and timely feedback.Good practice may be demonstrated across any or all of the full range of teaching contexts. Where possible you should demonstrate how you have shown leadership or influenced others.
Good practice in relation to this criterion might include demonstration of:
• Support for students to develop and demonstrate the intended learning outcomes and educational principles
• Provision of constructive and timely feedback
• Clearly stated assessment requirements/criteria
• Design of assessment tasks closely linked to the unit objectives
•Design of assessment tasks that build cumulatively towards a capstone outcome
• Use a variety of assessment tasks
• Design of assessment for authentic learning
• Innovation in the design and execution of assessment
Note: Indicators in Bold up to Lecturer B should be considered as minimum standards. Indicators in Bold above Lecturer B should be considered as key signals to build a case for promotion where the contribution is in teaching. The indicators not in bold are to illustrate other activities and evidence that can be used to demonstrate achievement.
|Criterion 3: Assessment and giving feedback to students on their learning|
|Design and execution of assessment tasks that are aligned with student learning outcomes and the provision of appropriate and timely feedback|
|Lecturer (A)||Lecturer (B)||Senior Lecturer (C)||Associate Professor (D)||Professor (E)|